Is there anything more America, than a juicy cheeseburger in the summertime?
With this recipe you can enjoy the flavors of a traditional cheeseburger, with an Asian twist. And if that wasn't enough you can maintain your meat free lifestyke in the process. It's the perfect dish for summertime rooftop parties you may be having, or great as a decadent snack.
1 bag (10oz) Beyond Meat Beefy Crumble
4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
1/2 cup sweet relish
4 tbsp. Hampton Creek's "No mayo" (sub: other veganaise brand)
2 tsp. yellow mustard
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp. water
8 egg roll wrappers
4 Pepper Jack Cheese slices, halved
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. Sriracha
2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. mayo
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat add beefy crumbles and next five ingredients, stir until incorporated. Cook until crumbles are fully cooked through. Remove from skillet and add to medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add to crumble mixture the lettuce, relish, mayo and yellow mustard. Mix well. In a small bowl mix together the egg and water to create an egg wash.
3. Place 8 egg roll wrappers on surface with corners pointing you. Add 1/4 cup of mix on each wrapper. Add half slice of cheese on top. Brush corners of wrappers with egg wash. Roll egg rolls by folding one side, the bottom, the other side and then roll it into the other corner. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
4. When ready to fry lightly rub some cornstarch on top of egg rolls to get more crispy egg rolls. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with 1-inch of vegetable oil. Once hot add egg rolls in two batches. Cool until golden on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper lined plate or wire crack to cool. While cooling prepare dipping sauce.
5. In a bowl whisk together ketchup through mayo.
Get ready to start dipping!