It's only a few weeks into 2017 and this is probably the most anti-New Year's Resolution post, but sometimes you just crave what you crave. If you have not yet experienced the beauty of the New York White Pizza, do yourself the favor and give it a try. I added some tomatoes to get some veggies in ;)
1 pizza dough
4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
5 Tbsp. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
1 small vine-ripe tomato, sliced
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
red pepper flakes (optional)
parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat over to 550 degrees or your highest oven temperature. Place on the bottom rack of oven pizza stone, pizza pan or any other pan you may be using.
2. Meanwhile, dust pizza dough with a little bit of flour so it does not stick. Using fingers or a rolling pin stretch dough into a 10-12 inch round onto cutting board.
3. Sprinkle the garlic onto pizza dough. Then dollop the ricotta and spread the mozarella leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
4. Drizzle with EVOO. Open oven and carefully slide the pizza onto the pizza pan. Cook for about 10 minutes. Open halfway through to add tomatoes and basil. Cheese should be melted, ricotta has spread, and crust is lightly charred and golden on bottom (carefully lift an edge to check).
** Tip: Rotate pizza in the oven every few minutes to get an even char on the crust.
5. Remove pizza from oven and transfer to cutting board to cool for 3 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and grated parmesan to your liking.